Rippa and Professor Tracy have both been nice enough to think my blog is award worthy. Being the lazy blogger that I have been recently, I am combining my awards into one compact blog post. Rippa used Silky Johnston as the award presenter, and if you can get Silky Johnston to present you an award you feel kind of special.
So I in turn get to present two awards to some fellow bloggers:
Kristin: She already received props, but I am giving some more. She is a great resource on current events, politics, and of course race relations. Her current post is just awesome. It is good to know some fellow Dallas folks out there.
Shawn P. Williams: A local activist that gets me motivated and keeps me informed. This man is also the pulse of my old stomping grounds Paris, TX.
Mirror On America: Another place I can get informed and learn what is going on in the world. Sometimes I sleep in too late to catch "Meet The Press", over here, they got my back.
The Mustard Seed: I've awarded him once before, I am doing it again. The blog is amazing and this dude is smart, like Jeopardy smart.
Names4Things: This blog is awesome. This blog is the devil's advocate blog for me. Genius. Always taking it where people don't think to go.
Pages From My Notebook: He always keeps it real and keeps things in perspective. I like reading his views on race and racism in America. The comments are even more interesting as many come from real life friends and I like that he is so open with his life to complete strangers as well as friends. My momma doesn't even know I have a blog.
Restructure: The blog is a no hold barred conversation about racism. I love it, it is brutal and honest, but sometimes cruel. Even so, it is truth, and a truth many people of color can share.
Stuff White People Do: This blog is truth as well, but from a white antiracist perspective. I appreciate this blog and it always makes me think.
Black African Woman: You know I couldn't forget a fellow villager. Grata keeps my world global. She always has some interesting stories that main stream media rarely if ever covers. Her insight is wonderful.
The details of these awards:
THE NOBLESSE OBLIGE AWARD
Criteria for receiving this award:
1. The Blogger manifests exemplary attitude, respecting the nuances that pervades amongst different cultures and beliefs.
2. The Blog contents inspire; strives to encourage and offers solutions.
3. There is a clear purpose at the Blog; one that fosters a better understanding on Social, Political, Economic, the Arts, Culture and Sciences and Beliefs.
4. The Blog is refreshing and creative.
5. The Blogger promotes friendship and positive thinking.
The Blogger who receives this award will need to perform the following steps:
Create a Post with a mention and link to the person who presented the Noblesse Oblige Award.
The Award Conditions must be displayed at the Post.
Write a short article about what the Blog has thus far achieved – preferably citing one or more older post to support.
The Blogger must present the Noblesse Oblige Award in concurrence with the Award conditions.
THE SPLASH AWARD
For accepting The Splash award, the rules are:
* Put the logo on your blog post.
* Nominate up to 9 blogs which allure, amuse, bewitch, impress or inspire you.
* Be sure to link to your nominees within your post.
* Let them know that they have been splashed by commenting on their blog.
* Remember to link to the person from whom your received your Splash award